Saturday 12 March 2011

The sultry voice of Joanna Wang


The sultry voice of Joanna Wang


I listen to Chinese music all the time. I have heard many Taiwanese singers try to sing in English and fail miserably at it. Until now; I can safely say that I found a nice gem of a singer. Her name is Joanna Wang and her music style is a bit unfamiliar to the normal Taiwanese pop music style. Her English is spot on and her voice is most similar to Nora Jones.
Her album consists of 15 songs with 3 only sang in Chinese Mandarin. All the rest of the songs are in English which definitely makes her stand out and shows her confidence as an English singer. After listening through her album, there are definitely noteworthy songs on this album especially her single, Start From Here. The Chinese version of the song is titled “Maze”. She also sings the David Tao classic “I Love You” redone in English. Another notable song I enjoy is “Lost Tapei”, which gives me a sense of nostalgic feeling from my recent visits back to Taiwan and its hectic nightlife and buildings. If you have not heard of her yet, take note because her music is definitely worth the time to check out.
By RJC@DesignRJC on May 7, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment